Get to know Frost* Collective founder, Vince Frost.
1. How do you connect with nature in your day-to-day life?
I have always been surrounded by nature in my life and having hippy vegan parents who constantly hugged trees, made it hard for me to avoid it. I have lived in the UK, Canada and Japan and in each place, nature has been the main focus of that experience. Lock down over Christmas last year forced me to slow down and smell the Eucalyptus. It forced a timely refocus of my life and the fast pace I used to live.
2. What is your favourite garden or nature memory?
I grew up in Canada amongst the Rocky Mountains and love the dramatic wilderness and vastness of the landscape. In the UK, I love the woodlands surrounding Babington House, near Bath, it’s always a lovely place to visit and unwind.
3. Is there a plant that you couldn’t live without?
I love Cactus and Palms, I also love flowers, especially if they come from Grandiflora.
4. Describe your garden style in one word?
5. What do you love most about your garden?
I love the variety and depth of the lush greens. I love how the afternoon sun bounces off of the water through the foliage and into my home.
6. What is the best piece of garden advice that someone has ever given you?
Go for Indigenous plants where possible for their low maintenance.
7. What’s the best piece of life advice you could give yourself?
Make the most of today. I should have slowed down a long time ago and listened to my body and spent even more time in nature.
8. Who is your creative guiding force?
I would say my tree hugging parents.
9. What do you still want to learn in life?
To do all the things I advise others in my book, trust myself, my gut instinct and be decisive.
10. If you could snap your fingers and change three things right now – what would they be?
Covid gone, house finished, climate crisis over.
GARDEN LIFE. PLANT JOY.